The Northern Lites Race models were introduced in 2004 to comply with the new, smaller U.S. Snowshoe Association standard of 120in2 (minimum) surface area. Serious racers who understand the need for the lightest snowshoe choose Northern Lites Race.
Athletes at the top of the sport routinely step up to the top of award podiums throughout the snowshoe racing community. The standard models may be ordered with the traditional Northern Lites TruTrak binding system or the new Northern Lites Speed Binding when you need the ultimate convenience for getting your snowshoes on and off quickly.
Beyond that, the racing community has spoken and we have listened. The Race – Direct is just that, a direct mount, racing snowshoe. It has the same deck and frame as our award winning Race models, but we remove the bindings and provide you with stainless steel mounting hardware to allow you to mount your own running or trail shoes directly to the suspension strap and front cleat. In addition to being lighter still, this method of mounting your footwear to the snowshoe allows for an easier and more natural stride.
- Rescue Orange Decking on a Black Frame
- ”8”x20” with 130in2 of surface area (complies with U.S. Snowshoe Association minimums).
- Gen 2 Dur-Alum cleats (total snowshoe weight is 28 oz/pair for the m
- Models with Tru-Trak bindings and 24 oz/pair for Direct Mount models)
- Racing, Training, Running