We understand that not every purchase works out, which is why we offer our GUAGO GUARANTEE. Please see page for full details.
For your convenience, purchases of new products can be returned by mail or dropped off at any of our retail locations, with proof of purchase, regardless of whether you made your purchase online, in a store, or by phone.
Conditions for all returns
- Items must be returned new, unworn and unused, with the label, original packaging and invoice.
- The following items are non-exchangeable and non-refundable: gift cards, knives, electronics.
- Items purchased on final sale are non-exchangeable & non-refundable.
- Delivery charges & surcharges paid for oversized items are non-refundable.
You have 30 days to return an item or exchange it.
How to return by mail
Follow these four steps:
- Pack the item securely & include the original product packaging & tags if available. (Hint: If you cover all existing shipping labels, you can reuse the bag or box your order came in.)
- Include proof of purchase (invoice/receipt) plus your name, address, email, phone number & a brief description of why you’re returning the item. (No return code required.)
- Attach the return shipping label from your invoice/receipt, or address your package to:
VENTURE OUTFITTERS RETURNS DEPARTMENT
5 Hawthorne AvenueOttawa, ON K1S 0A9 Please note: The return label is not prepaid. You are responsible for return shipping costs. 4. Send your package using a carrier that can provide tracking & insurance. Venture Outfitters is not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the GUAGO GUARANTEE will be declined and sent back.
- If your item has a manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship, you can return it per warranty.
- Used items must be cleaned prior to return. Merchandise that is not cleaned may be declined and sent back.
Have an exchange?
Unfortunately, we are not able to process exchanges by mail. You have the following options:
- Call us at 888.204.4137 to order a replacement item & we will waive any standard shipping charges on your order.* Then follow the instructions above to return your original item by mail.
- Order a replacement item online, then follow the instructions above to return your original item by mail. Include your replacement order number with your return & we will refund any standard shipping charges paid on your replacement order.*
* Expedited shipping charges are not refunded unless the returned item is determined to be defective after inspection.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I get my refund?
Online and phone orders:
- All online and phone orders will be refunded to the original payment type.
- All online orders using PayPal will be refunded to the original PayPal account when returned by mail only.
- All store purchases returned by mail will be refunded by the original payment type. Store purchases returned to store locations will be refunded to the original payment type.
What if I don’t have proof of purchase?
We can help locate proof of purchase if you include a note with the following information:
- Order Number
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of purchase
- Location of purchase
- Purchase Price
- Reason for the return: Write a brief description. Return code is not required.
We may be able to locate proof of purchase for online or phone purchases when all the above information is provided. In the event we cannot locate proof of purchase, refund of merchandise will be declined & merchandise sent back.
How do I return a gift?
In addition to following the return instructions at the top of the page, you must request a gift recipient refund & include the following information:
- Name of gift recipient to be refunded
- Gift recipient address
- Gift recipient phone number
- Gift recipient email address
All gifts returned by mail will be refunded in the form of a check issued to the gift recipient name and address provided.
The original purchaser will be refunded if a gift recipient refund is not clearly requested & complete gift recipient information is not included.